|◄ Season 2, Episode 9/10 ►|
|Written by|| Shane Houghton|
|Directed by|| Januel Mercado|
|Storyboarded by|| Aaron Austin|
|Airdate|| June 23, 2016 (part 1)|
June 24, 2016 (part 2)
|Ratings|| 1.17 million (part 1)|
1.16 million (part 2)
Harvey imagines himself and his friends in a magical steampunk world, but things come crashing down when Harvey is blamed for breaking a floating city.
Harvey and his friends continue their quest to fix the floating city, but danger looms around every steamy corner.
- Miriam Beaks (cameo)
- Doctor Roberts
- Hanzi (cameo)
- The Inspiration (cameo)
- Pooker (cameo)
- Les Squirrels (cameo)
- Randl (cameo)
- Randl's Mom (cameo)
- Bouncer (cameo)
- Officer Fredd (cameo)
- Easy (cameo)
- Ira Fingerman (cameo)
- Michelle Beaks (cameo as an egg)
- "Steamburg" (Harvey Beaks, et. al.)
- "The Mayor of Steamburg" (Moff)
- "Reject Town" (Dade/Claire/Kratz, et. al.)
- "I Can Tell We're Gonna Be Best Friends" (Harvey/Fee/Foo/Moff)
- "Friendship Can Do Anything" (All)
- This is the first hour-long special of the series.
- Members of the crew (such as Ego Plum) referred to this as "essentially the Harvey Beaks Movie", to the point where they brought in a smaller "Big Bang" orchestra to record the songs:
- "The “Steampunks” special was essentially the Harvey Beaks Movie. I treated that music no differently than I would have treated a feature film score. We wanted a big, big sound; we also wanted some traditional old Hollywood-style orchestration. So we had to fill Studio X in Seattle with tons of brass, woodwinds, and strings. It’s my favorite thing I’ve gotten to do on Harvey Beaks."
- The intro to this special is the same as the season 1 intro with a few changes, including the addition of gears to the characters.
- Michelle is still not born in this special but only appeared as a cameo appearance as an egg in the beginning of Part 1 and near the end of Part 2.
- The reason for these changes are due to this episode originally being set to air before "The New Bugaboo".
- And also, in Part 1, Miriam was holding the unborn Michelle and saying "Doctor!" , This might be a sneak peek at the first Season 2 episode where Michelle hatches.
- The tavern scene is a reference to the Cantina scene in Star Wars: A New Hope, with Fee in a Han Solo-esque role.
- Harvey makes a reference to the song "Never Gonna Give You Up" in the same scene.
- Moff saying, "Fly, my Fredd Bots! Fly!" is a reference to the Wicked Witch's line, "Fly, my prettys! Fly!" from The Wizard of Oz.
- The plot itself is reference to AstroBoy 2009 movie as both of the protagonists live in a flying city and later on both fell in a junkyard.
Click here to view the gallery.